Saturday, 2 August 2014

Back to Freetown

I'm travelling back to Sierra Leone today. I know that a lot of people don't think I should go and won't understand my reasons for going while the country has declared a state of emergency......

I have prayed long and hard about this......Bob and I have spent hours and days talking this over and praying about it......we have decided together that I should go ahead.
My reasons for going are many and varied, but please be assured that this isn't a decision that we have taken lightly.

I am planning to do the most urgent work as quickly as possible then review the situation and decide whether to return to the UK or stay on until  my planned departure (I have to go back to the UK for my niece's wedding)

I know that people will be worried but at this time the UK Foreign and Commonwealth office aren't warning against travel to Sierra Leone in general, just to the areas where Ebola is most prevalent.
Also, in the most recent statement from the WHO (World Health Organisation) they do not recommend any travel or trade restrictions for Sierra Leone

I would, as always, appreciate prayer for myself, the people I work with, the sponsored students and their families,  Doctor Koroma and the hospital at Waterloo and for Sierra Leone as a nation.

No comments:

Post a comment