Friday 5 September 2014

Three Little Angels

I went to Mahanaim to deliver some rice and received the very sad news that Desmond, Ezekiel and Sallay have passed away.
 

Desmond
Desmond was very sick earlier in the year and had spent some time admitted at the Waterloo Hospital. He was admitted with another child from the home who passed away, and when she died Desmond didn't improve in hospital so was discharged with instructions on how to care for him at home.
 
I was saddened but not surprised to hear that he had died as he really was very sick the last time I saw him.
 
The only photo of Desmond I have to hand is this one taken when he was sick.
 






Sallay
Sallay was one of the children that moved to the new home in Rogbere last  September, so I don't really know what happened with her yet.
 
The last time I saw her she seemed healthy.
 
Sallay didn't talk or communicate much, but she loved cuddles and was very affectionate..
 
She loved to play with balloons and bubbles and would always choose a yellow balloon if she could.
 





Ezekiel
Ezekiel, oh how I loved this little boy!
 
He couldn't use his arms so he would pick anything and everything up with his feet. He would always pinch my flipflops and try to wear them even though they were massive on him.
 
He had very bad scarring to his head from when he had been locked in a room and the room set on fire when he was a baby.
 
He was beautiful and his smile would light up the room.
 
He had a seizure a couple of weeks ago and died.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment