Tuesday 19 August 2008

My Ramblings

I'm feeling rather fedup with myself today. I'd decided that today was to be the day that the diet starts......then found myself in McDonalds scoffing a Big Mac Meal, a 'go large' one at that! What a piggy I am - I guess the diet is delayed until tomorrow. On a happy note....as today has now been designated as a no-diet day I'm looking forward to some crispy aromatic duck tonight! I've
.
I've joined the library, the best thing about it is the speed of the free internet connections there - it's much quicker than my vodafone mobile internet as there is STILL no 3G broadband coverage at home, the only downside is access is limited to one hour, but I suppose that's for the best otherwise people would stay on all day and no-one else would get the chance. I've been reading a lot too - the best book I've read recently was an autobiography called Shutterbabe by Deborah Copaken Kogan about her life as an photo-journalist. Another interesting book was 'Once a Pilgrim' by Will Scully about the siege at the Mamma Yoko hotel in Aberdeen, Sierra Leone in 1997.

I've been watching quite a lot of the Olympics, and suprised myself by quite enjoying some of it (I'm not normally one for watching sports on the TV). I must be going soft in my old age, as at times it's made me quite emotional - expecially at the medal ceromonies. The rowing and the cycling have had me shouting at the telly cheering on the Brits.

No comments:

Post a Comment