Monday 15 March 2010

Fatmata

This is Fatmata, she's a pupil at the Hosetta Abdulai school for special needs children. I was so pleased to see her when I visited the school as I'd not seen her since last June - she had been back to her village and I didn't know if she'd be coming back to Freetown again. Sadly her mother has recently died so at the moment her grandmother is taking care of her.

Fatmata is deaf and dumb, but manages to communicate and make herself understood. Once she tracked me down and came to visit me at the office at King George - I have no idea how she managed to find out I was there!

You can't really tell from this picture, but she has the most stunning bright blue eyes.

Today the team has spent the afternoon cleaning and painting one of the classrooms as the Hosetta Abdulai school, we'll be going back there again tomorrow to finish the work on the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment