Saturday 6 November 2010

Back in Africa

After the sponsorship trip I had a 4 week break in the UK and came back to Sierra Leone just over a week ago.

I've spent most of the past week getting ready for the team of Mission Direct volunteers who will be arriving tomorrow. On the staff team with me are Penny and David, and another Penny who will be arriving with the team tomorrow. We are just about ready for the team now and will be going over to the airport tomorrow afternoon to meet the team when they arrive in the evening. We will have 10 volunteers on the team and they will be continuing work on the City Of Rest site at Grafton.

I've been very suprised by the weather, it's rained almost every night since I arrived - I think it's the first time I've encountered rain here in November in all the years I've been coming. It's nice though as the nights are much cooler than usual which makes it much easier to sleep. The days are still hot and sunny, but not nearly as hot as it usually is in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment