Friday 24 April 2009

Bye bye Brian

Today Brian who I've been working with over here is leaving to go back the the UK - we worked together here in November last year and then again for the last 6 weeks. I've enjoyed working with Brian and I'm going to miss him. As Brian leaves another staff member Becky will be arriving and will be working over here with me for the next 6 weeks. It's going to be a long afternoon and evening.....I'm getting the 17:30 ferry across to Lungi with Brian so we need to get down to the ferry port by 16:00. Becky's flight is due in at 20:30 and I'm hoping that we'll be able to catch the 22:30 ferry back to Kissy.

We said goodbye to the second team a week ago today. While they were here they were able to start work on the generator house up at the City of Rest site at Grafton, and the digging of the well has also started. When the team left we spent a few days getting things ready for the next team and then we had a couple of days break at Number 2 River Beach. We came back to Kissy and back to work yesterday afternoon. The third team will be arriving on Monday so Becky and I will spend the weekend getting ready for their arrival.

It's around halfway through my time here and the time is just flying by, it will be June and I'll be back home again before I know it.

I'm worried about Abu as I recently found out that he's not being allowed to sleep at his aunties house but has been staying at another boys house.....his aunty says that there isn't enough room for him anymore. I'm hoping that by the time I go home that he'll be living somewhere more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment