Saturday 9 May 2015

Sorry I've Been AWOL

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted to this blog.....I'll explain.....

I came back to the UK for my 7th wedding anniversary - we had a fabulous weekend in London to celebrate it. It turned out that the weekend away coincided with the London Marathan - had we realised that when we booked we probably would have gone away another weekend.........but it was so much fun!

We got a good spot between mile 18 and mile 19 to watch the marathon and we just intended to see the elite athletes then do a bit of sight seeing......but we enjoyed it so much we ended up standing there for over 3 hours!! It was fantastic cheering on the competitors.

We were at the top of a hill, so a lot of the runners were struggling by the time they got to us and I hope our hollering encouragement might have spurred a few on.....we got a lovely smile from Paula Radcliffe as she passed - she was one of the few runners who looked like they were enjoying it!!


Paula Radcliffe - Enjoying the Marathon


We enjoyed it all so much we are planning to be in London again for the 2016 marathon to cheer everyone on!

My husband has been having a bit of trouble with his leg recently and the day we came back from our weekend away he had a hospital appointment........and ended up having to go in for an operation the next day. He is recovering well, but it has meant that I'm chief nurse and driver for while as he refused to rest up and insisted on going to work!

So......that's why I've been off the radar for a while.

I'm heading back to Freetown very soon.....when I left the schools were still closed, but many have reopened now so I need to check on each of our students and make sure they are attending regularly and that they have everything they need.
The parents of some of our younger students prefer to wait until there is no more Ebola in the country before their children go back to school and I will be meeting with each of them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment