Tuesday 25 August 2015

How About Some Respect?

I love Sierra Leone and I love the Sierra Leonean people - I am a guest in this wonderful country and I feel privileged to be able to call it my home....if I didn't like it, if I didn't like the people, if I didn't respect the culture I wouldn't be here......

.......so why is it some people think it's ok to come over here, supposedly to help and then criticise and ridicule the country, the people and the customs? Why do some people think that their way is always better? Why is it ok to trample over peoples feelings?

.....even worse than the things I've mentioned above are the foreigners that add to the corruption in the country......surely this isn't something that people who come in the guise of trying to help the country should be doing? Don't call it a tip, or a handshake - call it what it is.......a bribe. I've been reading a blog by a foreign aid worker that at least 4 times mentions bribing officials to make their life easier - it's wrong and, regardless of the fact that a lot of people in Salone do bribe, it's illegal.

Maybe I should just stop reading other people's blogs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment