Tuesday 3 March 2015

I'm So Blessed

I'm sitting in the classroom that I'm going to be using as an office for the next few weeks as we lead up to the schools reopening and I've just been reflecting on how blessed I am to be able to be here.
 
Two of our sponsored boys Mohamed and Abu are here keeping me company and John and Sailu who live here are also here. The five of us shared a meal of luncheon meat and bread and now Mohamed is having a little snooze.
 
It's very peaceful here today, just the five of us. I know that when word gets around about where I am basing myself it's going to get a lot busier and a lot more noisy......and I will enjoy that too when it does......but for now it's nice to enjoy a little quiet time with just a few kids.
 Abu is one of the reasons that I started off the sponsorship scheme - I started paying his fees along with 3 other boys back in 2008, then I kept adding more and more students, when I got to 11 students  I realised I needed help and that was how the idea for the sponsorship scheme was spawned. The original 4 boys are all still in the sponsorship scheme and have sponsors.

Abu will start in Junior Secondary School when the schools reopen - he did well in his National Primary School examination last year so is able to go to the school that he wants to attend.
 
 
I am so fortunate to have been able to watch Abu and so many of out other students grow up and absolutely blessed to have been able to share so much of their childhood with them......and to continue to do so. They have definitely enriched my life and I can't imagine life without them in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment