Wednesday 1 October 2014

21 Days

The incubation period for Ebola is 21 days. It's 21 days since I left Sierra Leone........so today is the day that I'm officially Ebola free.

I wonder how long it will take before I stop worrying every time I feel a bit off colour that it could be the start of Ebola symptoms?
 
How long will it take before human contact feels normal again?
When will I stop flinching when someone brushes by me in a shop?
When will I be able to pay for something or take change without making sure I don't touch the hand of the other person.
When will it feel natural again to shake someone's hand?

How long before I stop feeling guilty for being well, when so many people are sick and dying?

How long will it take for Ebola to be eradicated from Sierra Leone.......and after that for the country to return to normal? Things have changed so much I can't imagine how they will ever go back to how they were pre-Ebola.

Now I've got the all clear I'm off to try to find a flight to get back over to Sierra Leone to help with the sensitisation of people in my community

No comments:

Post a Comment