Tuesday 23 April 2013

One Week On and Feeling Better

It's a week since I posted to say that I was poorly and I am feeling much better now. I still have pain in my right side and pain in my upper tummy when I breathe deeply - but nowhere near the amount of pain I was feeling this time last week. I'm still taking two types of anti-biotics, painkillers and various other medications, but I think I'm well on the road to recovery now. I still don't know what it was, but I'm grateful to be feeling better!! I will be going back to the hospital at the end of the week for the doctor to check me over again.
 
It has been a busy week with Nigel and Terry (the CE of MD and one of the MD trustees) here with meeting after meeting with various contacts, organizations, officials and friends. They leave on Thursday after which I am looking forward to some time off.
 
I need to visit the provinces, I have people I need to see in Kambia and Kenema and then I plan to have a few days off to relax at Tiwai Island - I want to get out of the city for a few days to relax and recouperate.
 
The way the teams have worked out this year my first day off since I got back from Gambia in February was to be the 15th of April.....but of course that was when I was sick! I am really looking forward to having some down time and to spend some time with my Sierra Leonean families - I do feel that I have neglected some of the kids since I've been here as I've not been able to spend any quality time with them.......I need to think of a way to make it up to them!
 
I really do appreciate prayers for my continued recovery - thank you!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment