Friday 7 September 2012

Sponsorship Work

I'm currently working on the education sponsorships in Sierra Leone, we have around 80 students on full sponsorships and another 40 or so that we assist with fees and uniforms. Most of my time so far has been spent checking their report cards, so far this year we have two who topped their class and a good number who are in the top 10 in their class. We only have three students so far who have failed to promote to the next school year and will have to retake the year.
 
We have 7 students waiting for their WASSCE (West Africal Senior School Certificate Examination) results, 9 students waiting for their BECE (the exams taken after the first three years at secondary school)  results and 4 students who have promoted from primary school to senior school.
 
We have a tailor working hard to sew the unforms for the students ready for the schools opening next week. Ibrahim, who helps me with the sponsorship program, has been to the schools and paid the fees. On Sunday we have a big meeting with all the parents and guardians of the students to go over any issues and to give the school supplies for the students.
 
Over the past two days two of our students have gone down with cholera, they are in hospital now receiving treatment.
 
I have heard through the grapevine the some more of the King George residents have passed away, but due to a breakdown I've been without a vehicle for the past week. Now that I have my wheels back I'll be able to visit there to see how everyone is.
 
I've also not been able to visit Ramatu, so I'm going to pop in there tomorrow and see how she's doing.
 
Trouble (the dog) has really grown!! I'd love to be able to post a picture of him, but he's so excitable that he doesn' stay still long enough to have his photo taken - I'll have to try to creep up on him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment